- Who we are:
Grobdale of Girthon is a partnership comprising of Andrew and Sarah Hunter .
The basis for collection of data is under provided by consent, legitimate interest and completion of contract.
The core principals that we adhere to are that we will ensure that we:
- hold your data securely;
- Never share your details without your agreement
- Use your data to tailor the information we provide you and improve our services;
- Put you in control by allowing you to update, delete and access your data in accordance with the GDPR regulations.
- The information that we collect
- The information we collect (personal or not)
- Why we collect it
- How long we store it
- Our legal basis for processing your personal data.
- Who if anyone we disclose your personal data to.
- Your rights and how you can see, update or delete your personal data.
- Our digital services. This includes our website, managed by us.
- Services we use to communicate like social media
- How to contact us directly, via email, phone, letter
- Data collected through our digital services:
WEBSITE ANALYTICS: We use website log files, cookies, digital analytics (Google) and other mapping software, to gather information about how people use the website.
We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) in our website analytics. However, we can recognise that behaviours belong to a single person. The information collected within our booking system ( provided by supercontrol) helps us investigate whether the website meets its users’ needs as well as to evaluate how it can be improved. We store information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you clicked on.
If we were ever to obtain your personal data via the routes in this policy, we may combine website analytics data with your personal data. For more information please see the section on Joining data and Profiling.
Website log files collect your IP address, when you visited the site and the pages you visited. IP address is a numeric code assigned to a device based on your geographical location. If for example you are in Edinburgh your IP address will be the same as other users accessing the internet from Edinburgh.
DIGITAL ANALYTICS & DOUBLECLICK: Digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick may be used to record anonymous user’s interaction with the website. This data may then be used to retarget users through advertising on other websites, therefore an individual’s behaviour on our website may result in them being retargeted with advertising related to the pages they visited or actions they took on the site.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of our use of Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- The Personal Data you provide when you:
Place a booking/make a booking enquiry: When you place a booking or make an enquiry we need your name, postal address, email address and telephone contact numbers.
A unique identifier will be ascribed to you in our data handling system.
Place a booking/make a booking enquiry continued
The information will be shared with our agent (discover Scotland) and their representatives to allow fulfilment of the booking/enquiry. The legal basis for processing is contract and legitimate interest. The information will be held for no longer than reasonably necessary.
The legal basis for processing the information is contract, consent and legitimate interest. The information will be retained to allow fulfilment of the appropriate purposes and for no longer than reasonably necessary.
ENTER A COMPETITION: When you enter a competition, we collect your name, telephone number, email address and postal address. You are also given the option to consent to future marketing from us.
The legal basis for processing is consent, contract and legitimate interest. The information will be retained to allow fulfilment of the appropriate purposes and for no longer than reasonably necessary.
GIVE US UNPROMPTED FEEDBACK: We require your name and contact details when you provide us with general feedback or information about any technical problems on this site.
We will only use any personal information provided to deal with your feedback and will not share it with other organisations. This data is stored for a reasonable period after we respond to your feedback in case you ask for more detail or have other feedback you would like to make.
Our legal basis for processing this data is consent.
WHEN YOU USE OTHER SERVICES (LIKE FACEBOOK) TO INTERACT WITH US:
When you use a social media platform, details about how your personal information is held, is described within the relevant social media policy, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have rights as an individual which you may use in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights are:
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
- ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Grobdale of Girthon wishes to be as open as we can be in terms of giving you access to your personal information. You may find out if we hold any of your personal information by making an ‘right of access’ request to us under the General Data Protection Regulations. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 5th December 2020
You can access this policy at any time through the link at the bottom of our websites and from any e-newsletters you are subscribed to.
- Enquiries and Complaints
Grobdale of Girthon aims to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. If you feel that anything is not correct or requires attention then please bring it to our attention, particularly if you feel that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
If you wish to contact us on any matter, about our Data Management that we have not answered to your satisfaction, or to make a complaint please get in touch with us by-
Telephone : 07771 742766
Post – Grobdale of Girthon, Laurieston, Castle Douglas, Kirkudbrightshire DG7 2PZ